Can E. Korman, Associate Dean of Research and Graduate Studies and Professor
Office: Room 611 Phillips Hall
Phone: 202 994-4952,
Fax: 202 994-0227
B.S. 1985, M.S. 1987
and Ph.D. 1990
The University of Maryland at College Park
My research interests are in the areas of microelectronics, VLSI, magnetics, numerical modeling, and digital signal processing. Current research projects are in the areas of noise in semiconductor devices, micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS) and magnetic aftereffect.
Selected Professional Activities
- Chair, IEEE Magnetics Society, Washington & Northern Virginia Chapter, 2004-date.
- Chair, IEEE Magnetics Society, Publicity, April 2003-2009.
- Member, Editorial Board of the IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 2003-date.
- Member of the IEEE Electron Devices Society, IEEE Magnetics Society and the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society.
- C. E. Korman and B. Noaman, " The Spatial Origin of Current Noise in Semiconductor Devices in the Framework of Semiclassical Transport," Solid-State Electronics, Vol. 54, pp. 1088-1093, 2010.
- F. Mohd Yasin, D. J. Nagel and C. E. Korman, " NOISE in MEMS," Measurement Science and Technology, 21, pp. 1-22, 2010.
- E. Della Torre, L. H. Bennett, and C. Korman, " Comparison of thermal aftereffect models for estimating the fluctuation field" , Physica B 403, 271-273 (2007).
- C. Korman, " A Discrete-Time Model for Binary Detection with Rectangular Hysteresis Operators," Physica B: Physics of Condensed Matter, Proceedings of the Hysteresis and Micromagnetics Workshop (HMM 2005), Volume 372, Issues 1-2, pp. 17-20, 1 February 2006.
- S. V. Melkonyan, F. Gasparyan, V. M. Aroutiounian and C. E. Korman, " Peculiarities of electron distribution function' s fluctuation damping in homogeneous semiconductors," Physica B: Physics of Condensed Matter, Vol. 357, N 3-4, 2005, pp. 398-407.
- C. Korman, " Dynamic Approximation of Rectangular Loops and Aftereffect," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 39, No. 5, p. 2540, September 2003.
- F. M. Yasin, C. E. Korman and D. J. Nagel, " Measurement of Noise Characteristics of MEMS Accelerometers" , Solid-State Electronics, Vol. 47, pp. 357-360, 2002.
- C. E. Korman, R. Barry and U. C. Kozat, " On Binary Detection with Hysteresis," SIAM Journal on. Applied Mathematics, Vol. 62, No. 5, pp. 1794-1809, 2002.
- C. E. Korman, " A Nonlinear Noise Filter Employing Hysteresis" , Physica B, vol. 306, Nos. 1-4, pp. 261-266, December 2001.
- C. E. Korman and E. Della Torre, " Definition of the Magnetic Ground State Using Preisach-Based Aftereffect Models," Physica B, 275, pp. 28-33, 2000.
- J. Piazza, C. E. Korman and A. M. Jaradeh, " A Physics-Based Semiconductor Noise Model Suitable for Efficient Numerical Implementation," IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, Vol. 18, No. 12, pp. 1730-1740, December 1999
- J. Piazza and C. E. Korman, " Computation of the Spectral Density of Current Fluctuations in Bulk Silicon Based on the Solution of the Boltzmann Transport Equation," VLSI Design, Vol. 6, Nos. 1-4, pp. 185-189, 1998.
- E. Korman and P. Rugkwamsook, " Identification of Magnetic AfterEffect Model Parameters: Comparison of Experiment and Simulations," IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, Vol. 33, No. 5, pp. 4176-4178, September, 1997.
- E. Korman and I. D. Mayergoyz, " Preisach Model Driven by Stochastic Inputs as a Model for AfterEffect," IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, Vol. 32, No. 5, pp. 4204-4209, September 1996.