Graduate Certificate Program
The graduate certificate program in High-Performance Computing provides computational engineers and scientists up-to-date knowledge on the advances of computer systems in the face of today's rapidly growing use of multicore processors, parallel computers, hardware accelerators and networked computing platforms in applications.
All courses are held in-person on GW's main campus in the Foggy Bottom neighborhood of Washington, D.C. Courses are typically held in the late afternoon or early evening to accommodate working professionals.
The program is comprised of 12 credit hours completed through four courses:
- Introduction to High-Performance Computing
- One of the following:
- Parallel Computer Architecture
- Grid and Network Computing
- Two elective courses within the department
Prospective students must fulfill the certificate admissions requirements through submission of a complete online application form and other documents as listed by the deadlines noted.
Please note: First-time international applicants may not apply directly to a certificate program.
Current graduate students who wish to complete a certificate along with their master's or doctoral program must also follow the certificate admissions requirements, but may opt to have their transcripts and documents transferred from their previous application. Please contact [email protected] to make the request.
Transfer to Master's Program
Upon successful completion of a certificate program, students have the option to transfer credits to a full master's program at the School of Engineering & Applied Science, pending successful completion of the master's program admissions requirements.
Please note: You must receive a B or higher in each course in order for it to transfer. Additionally, you must submit a new application for the selected master's program and provide the required documents and exam scores listed as part of the master's program admissions requirements.
For any questions, please contact [email protected].
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- M.S. in Computer Engineering
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering (online)
- M.S. in Telecommunications Engineering
- Ph.D. in Computer Engineering
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering
- Certificate in High-Performance Computing
- Certificate in Machine Intelligence
- Graduate Certificate in 5G and Beyond
- Areas of Focus
- Academic Policies & Schedules