If you are an engineering undergraduate student at GW thinking about pursuing a master's degree in electrical or computer engineering, we offer five-year bachelor's/master's programs. Detailed information can be found at Combined Five-Year Programs.
These programs generally take five years to complete. Combined programs cannot be applied for directly as a freshman; only when students successfully complete 90 credit hours in the respective bachelor's degree program can a new application can be submitted for the master's program.
- Minimum GPA: 3.4. Students with a GPA between 3.0-3.39 are encouraged to apply to a traditional two-year M.S. program.
- Number of undergraduate credits needed to apply: 90
- Transcripts: Applicants are not required to submit their GW undergraduate transcripts separately, as the office is able to pull them directly from the student system. In the event we are unable to do this, we will request that you provide an official copy from the Office of the Registrar.
- If you took classes at a college or university outside of GW, please upload these transcripts to the online application.
- The Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) is not required to apply to this program; however, applicants who would like to be considered for a graduate assistantship or fellowship should take and submit GRE scores and three letters of recommendation with the online application form.
Additional guidelines about combined bachelor's/master's programs can be found at the GW Graduate Admissions Office.
How to apply
Students should first consult with their advisor prior to applying for a five-year program. Once students reach 90 credit hours (which is generally during the seventh semester) and develop a plan for taking graduate-level courses during their final undergraduate semester, they should apply through the common online application system for graduate programs. On the application, students should select the five-year program option and complete the required information as indicated. To request the application fee waiver in the application form and email firstname.lastname@example.org to have it waived.
- Prospective Students
- Academic Programs
- Academic Advising
- Study Abroad
- Internships & Jobs
- ECE Laboratories
- Activities & Organizations
- Policies & Procedures
800 22nd Street NW
5000 Science & Engineering Hall
Washington, DC 20052