Guru Prasadh V. Venkataramani
Professor Guru Venkataramani's group conducts research in computer architecture with an emphasis on how to provide efficient hardware support for programmability, security and debugging. Currently, his group is investigating an introspective computer architecture that identifies multicore power and performance bottlenecks to assist software execution. This project is supported by an NSF CAREER award received in 2012. Professor Venkataramani's group has also studied issues that arise from integrating emerging memory technologies into multi- and manycore systems.
- B.E., Anna University, 2004
- M.S., Georgia Tech, 2007
- Ph.D., Georgia Tech, 2009
- Computer engineering
- Computer architecture
- High-performance computing
- Jie Chen, Guru Venkataramani, CC-Hunter: Uncovering Covert Timing Channels on Shared Processor Hardware, Proceedings of Forty Seventh Annual IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Microarchitecture (MICRO'14), 2014, Cambridge, UK.
- Fan Yao, Jingxin Wu, Guru Venkataramani, Suresh Subramaniam, A Comparative Analysis of Data Center Network Architectures, Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications - Next Generation Networking (ICC-NGN'14), 2014, Sydney, Australia.
- Jie Chen, Guru Venkataramani, H Howie Huang, Exploring Dynamic Redundancy to Resuscitate Faulty PCM Blocks, ACM Journal on Emerging Technologies in Computing Systems (ACM JETC), Vol 10, Number 4, pages 31:1--23, 2014.
- Jie Chen, Fan Yao, Guru Venkataramani, Watts-inside: A Hardware-Software Cooperative Approach for Multicore Power Debugging, Proceedings of the Thirty First IEEE International Conference on Computer Design (ICCD'13), 2013, Asheville, NC.
- Jie Chen, Guru Venkataramani, H Howie Huang, RePRAM: Recycling PRAM Faulty Blocks for Extended Lifetime, Proceedings of the Forty second IEEE International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks (DSN'12), 2012, Boston, MA.
- GWU SEAS Faculty Recognition Award, 2012
- NSF Faculty Early CAREER Award, 2012
- Invited article in ACM SIGOPS Operating Systems Review as Best of HotPower'11
- Best Poster Award, IEEE/ACM PACT conference, 2011
- ORAU Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Award, 2010
- GWU UFF/Dilthey Faculty Fellowship, 2009