- Professor of Practice
- Tompkins 104A | Office Hours: By appointment
Professor Figueroa research focuses on optimization algorithms and data-driven applications. He mentors students in undergraduate research and senior capstone design projects. He also teaches Programming and Signal Processing courses. Prior to joining GW, Professor Figueroa was an associate research scientist at the Sustainable Engineering Lab at Columbia University.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, University of South Carolina
- IMBA, University of South Carolina
- B.S. in Electronics Engineering, Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Control and Optimization
- Algorithms and Data Analytics
- Embedded Systems
- Y. Yoshida, H. Figueroa, R. Dougal, “Comparison of Energy Storage System Topologies for the Utilization of Railway Regenerative Braking Energy,” to be presented at IEEE 2nd International Conference on DC Microgrids, 2017.
- J. Sacks, V. Modi, H. Figueroa,M. Fantacchiotti, K. Sanyal, F. Khatun. S. Ramos, E. Weidman-Grunewald, M. Scharp, A. Shah, V. Gray, P. Biggs, K. Reid, A. Brown, A. Spencer-Cooke, “How Information and Communications Technology can Accelerate Action on the Sustainable Development Goals,” The Earth Institute at Columbia University, 26th World Economic Forum, 2016.
- B. Lu, X. Wu, H. Figueroa, A. Monti, “A Low-Cost Real-Time Hardware-in-the-Loop Testing Approach of Power Electronics Controls,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol.54, no.2, pp.919-931, 2007. J.L. Bastos, L.M. Farronato, H.P. Figueroa, D. Franzoni, S. Lentijo, A. Monti, A. Smith, X. Wu, “FPGA-Based Control of Power Converter: Comparing Alternative Solutions,” Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition, APEC '05, vol. 3, pp.1983-1989, 6-10, 2005.
- Z. Jiang, R. Leonard, R. A. Dougal, H. Figueroa, A. Monti, “Processor-in-the-Loop Simulation, Real-Time Hardware-in-the-Loop Testing, and Hardware Validation of a Digitally-Controlled, Fuel-Cell Powered Battery-Charging Station,” IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference, pp. 2251-2257, 2004.