Requirements for Minor in Computer Engineering
Students must have a 2.2 GPA or above in required and elective ECE courses taken for the minor in order to fulfill minor requirements.
The following requirements must be fulfilled:
The following courses must be completed before beginning the minor program.
APSC 2113: Engineering Analysis I *
ECE 1120: C Programming for ECE
PHYS 1022: University Physics II * or PHYS 1026: University Physics II with Biological Applications
Two courses chosen from:
- ECE 3310: Introduction to Electromagnetics
- ECE 3220: Intro to Digital Signal Process *
- ECE 3130: Digital Electronics and Design
- ECE 3135: Design of Logic Systems II
- ECE 4140: VLSI Design and Simulation *
- ECE 3520: Microprocessors: Software, Hardware, and Interfacing
- ECE 3525: Introduction to Embedded Systems *
- ECE 3515: Computer Organization
- ECE 4535: Computer Architecture and Design *
- ECE 4415: Introduction to Computer Networks **
- ECE 4425: Data Communications Laboratory **
* These courses require additional prerequisites.
** ECE 4415 Introduction to Computer Networks and ECE 4425 Data Communications Laboratory must be taken together.
The requirement that at least 9 credits are from the courses not required for the major is in effect for the class of 2020 and after.
To earn a minor in computer engineering, a student must have a GPA of 2.20 or higher in the ECE courses defining the minor.
- Prospective Students
- Academic Programs
- Academic Advising
- Study Abroad
- Internships & Jobs
- ECE Laboratories
- Activities & Organizations
- Policies & Procedures
800 22nd Street NW
5000 Science & Engineering Hall
Washington, DC 20052