Requirements for Minor in Electrical Engineering
The minor in electrical engineering is offered by the Department of Electrical and Computer engineering. The curriculum consists of prerequisite, core, and elective courses. Excluding prerequisite courses, 17 credits are required for the minor; for students entering in 2020 or after, at least 9 of those credits must be in courses not required for the major.
Students must have a 2.2 GPA or above in required and elective ECE courses taken for the minor in order to fulfill minor requirements.
The following requirements must be fulfilled:
The following courses must be completed before beginning the minor program.
- PHYS 1022*: University Physics II or PHYS 1026: University Physics II with Biological Applications
- APSC 2113*: Engineering Analysis I
Two courses chosen from:
- ECE 3220: Intro to Digital Signal Process
- ECE 3125: Analog Electronics Design
- ECE 3130: Digital Electronics and Design *
- ECE 3315: Fields and Waves I *
- ECE 3410: Communications Engineering *
- ECE 3520: Microprocessors: Software, Hardware, and Interfacing *
- ECE 4415: Introduction to Computer Networks
- ECE 4425: Data Communications Laboratory
- ECE 4610: Electrical Energy Conversion
- ECE 4620: Electrical Power Systems
- ECE 4710: Control Systems Design *
* Requires additional prerequisites.
- Prospective Students
- Academic Programs
- Academic Advising
- Study Abroad
- Internships & Jobs
- ECE Laboratories
- Activities & Organizations
- Policies & Procedures
800 22nd Street NW
5000 Science & Engineering Hall
Washington, DC 20052