- Assistant Professor
- SEH 5620
- [email protected]
Professor Omur Ozel conducts research in wireless communications, information theory, signal processing and networks with special interests in energy harvesting communications, wireless energy and information transfer, information and system level security. His research addresses reliability, timeliness, security and robustness challenges in existing and emerging communication and computation settings.
- Ph.D., University of Maryland at College Park, 2015
- A. Baknina, O. Ozel, S. Ulukus, J. Yang and A. Yener, Sending Information through Status Updates, IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, Vail, CO, June 2018.
- O. Ozel, B. Sinopoli and O. Yagan, Robustness of Flow Networks against Cascading Failures under Partial Load Redistribution, under review for publication, 2018.
- A. Baknina, O. Ozel and S. Ulukus, Energy Harvesting Communications under Explicit and Implicit Temperature Constraints, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 2018, DOI: 10.1109/TWC.2018.2861874.
- S. Weerakkody, O. Ozel and B. Sinopoli, A Bernoulli-Gaussian physical watermark for detecting integrity attacks in control systems,55th Annual Allerton Conference on Communications, Control and Computing, Monticello, IL, October 2017.
- O. Ozel, S. Weerakkody and B. Sinopoli, Physical watermarking for cyber-physical systems via packet drop injections, IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications, Dresden, Germany, October 2017.
- K. Tutuncuoglu, O. Ozel, A. Yener and S. Ulukus, The Binary Energy Harvesting Channel with a Unit Sized Battery, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 63(7):4240-4256, July 2017.
- O. Ozel, S. Ulukus and P. Grover, Energy Harvesting Transmitters that Heat Up: Throughput Maximization under Temperature Constraints, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 15(8):5440-5452, August 2016.
- O. Ozel, S. Ulukus and P. Grover, Communicating under temperature and energy harvesting constraints, IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, Aachen, Germany, June 2017.
- O. Ozel, S. Ulukus and P. Grover, Wireless information and energy transfer under temperature constraints, IEEE International Conference on Communications, Paris, France, May 2017.
- O. Ozel and V. Anantharam, State estimation in energy harvesting systems, Information Theory and Applications Workshop, La Jolla, CA, February 2016.
- B. Gurakan, O. Ozel and S. Ulukus, Optimal Data and Energy Routing in Networks with Energy Cooperation, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 15(2):857- 870, February 2016.
- O. Ozel, E. Ekrem and S. Ulukus, Gaussian Wiretap Channel with Amplitude and Variance Constraints, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 61(10): 5553-5563, October 2015.
- O. Ozel, K. Tutuncuoglu, S. Ulukus and A. Yener, The binary energy harvesting channel with on-off fading, IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, Hong Kong, June 2015.
- O. Ozel, K. Tutuncuoglu, S. Ulukus and A. Yener, Fundamental Limits of Energy Harvesting Communications, IEEE Communications Magazine, 53(4):126-132, April 2015.
- O. Ozel, K. Shahzad and S. Ulukus, Optimal Energy Allocation for Energy Harvesting Transmitters with Hybrid Energy Storage and Processing Cost, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 62(12): 3232-3245, June 2014.
- O. Ozel and S. Ulukus, Achieving AWGN Capacity under Stochastic Energy Harvesting, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 58(10):6471-6483, October 2012.
- O.Ozel, J. Yang and S. Ulukus, Optimal Broadcast Scheduling for an Energy Harvesting Rechargeable Transmitter with a Finite Capacity Battery, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 11(6):2193-2203, June 2012.
- O. Ozel, K. Tutuncuoglu, J. Yang, S. Ulukus and A. Yener, Transmission with an Energy Harvesting Node in Fading Wireless Channels: Optimal Policies, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 29(8):1732-1743, September 2011.
- Best Reviewer in IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 2017.
- Exemplary Reviewer in IEEE Transactions on Communications, 2016.
- Runner up in Dean's PhD Research Competition, School of Engineering, UMD, 2014.
- Distinguished Dissertation Fellowship by the ECE Department at UMD, 2014.
- Finalist in Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship in the United States, 2014.