GWU’s Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering (ECE) provides leading edge programs in electrical and computer engineering as well as fostering leadership in a global information society with an advanced state of knowledge. The department is currently seeking a Post-Doctoral Scientist for the High Performance Computing Architecture and Technologies (HPCAT) Lab (http://hpcat.seas.gwu.edu/), directed by Dr. Ahmed Louri.
This position is primarily a temporary/training position in which the incumbent plays a substantive role in planning and conducting research by using quantitative and qualitative methods to collect, analyze and report data activities. In collaboration with the Principal Investigator, this role will participate in the planning of independent research, will analyze and interpret data, will publish results, will represent the university at conferences and meetings, and may develop new theories and methodologies. This position may also help the Principal Investigator to lead and direct the work of lower level research staff. This role performs work under the supervision of experienced researchers.
Specific duties for the position include:
- The use of machine learning techniques for designing energy-efficient, reliable multicore architectures.
- Design of scalable accelerator-rich reconfigurable heterogeneous architectures.
- Exploration of emerging interconnect technologies (photonic, wireless, RF, hybrid) for network-on-chips (NoCs) & embedded systems.
- Exploration of future parallel computing models and architectures including convolutional neural networks (CNNs), deep neural networks (DNNs), near data computing & approximate computing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a Doctoral degree in a related discipline. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position.
Preferred PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science, or related discipline and whose research focus is on the mainstream computer architecture and parallel processing.
Experience as well as publications in leading conferences and journals on computer architecture.
All applications must be done online at https://www.gwu.jobs/postings/72088