- SEH 5530 | Office Hours: By appointment
Professor Robert Carroll conducts research in control systems, adaptive control, robotics, target tracking, biomedical controls applied to various systems, and automotive controls.
- B.S., North Carolina State University, 1967
- M.Phil., Yale University, 1970
- Ph.D., University of Connecticut, 1973
- H. Suraisry and R. L. Carroll, "Estimator-Observer for 2-D Systems," World Automation Congress, Maui, Hawaii, 2000.
- D. W. Howard, A. Zilouchian, R. L. Carroll, "Control of Microbot Using Adaptive Neuro-Fuzzy Inference Systems," Proceedings of the World Automation Congress, TSI Press, Albuquerque, NM, 1998.
- T. Tchangov, R. L Carroll, "Time-Variant Control Design Using Adaptive Identifying Observers," Proceedings of the 31st Intersociety Energy Conversion Engineering Conference, Omni Shoreham Hotel, Washington DC, pp. 227-285, 1996.
- U. Patel, G. Zhang, J. Lee, R. L. Carroll, "Self-Organizing Fuzzy CMAS Neural Network," 1995 World Conference on Neural Networks,1995.
- U. Patel, Z. Geng, J. Lee, R. L. Carroll, "Model-Predictive Learning Control Using Neural Networks," Proceedings of the Artificial Neural Networks in Engineering, 1995.