What sorts of research do the faculty and students of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering conduct? A short list of recent research includes efforts to: develop photonic computing; create state-of-the-art advances in high-performance computing; improve the reliability of cloud computing; create better sensors to detect harmful biological and chemical agents; and develop energy-efficient and environmentally friendly magnetic refrigeration systems, among many other efforts.
We investigate these topics and others in the department’s primary research areas:
- Communications and Networks
- Computer Architecture and High-Performance Computing
- Electrical Power and Energy
- MEMS, Electronics, and Photonics
- Signal and Image Processing, Systems and Controls