Professor Suresh Subramaniam's group is involved in developing novel network architectures and algorithms and conducting performance analyses of networks. His particular interests include fiber-optic and free-space-optic networks, data center networks, and cloud computing and networking. Previously, he has also worked on wireless ad hoc networks.
- B.E., Anna University, 1988
- M.S.E.E., Tulane University, 1993
- Ph.D., University of Washington, 1997
- Communications and networks
- Electrical engineering
- M. Xu, S. Alamro, T. Lian, and S. Subramaniam, “CRED: Cloud right-sizing with execution deadlines and data locality,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 28, no. 12, pp. 3389-3400, Dec. 2017.
- T. Ishikawa, Y. Mori, H. Hasegawa, S. Subramaniam, K. i. Sato, and O. Moriwaki, “A compact OXC architecture, design and prototype development for flexible waveband routing optical networks,” Optics Express, vol. 25, no. 14, pp. 15 838–15 853, July 2017.
- J. Zhao, Y. Xiang, H. Liu, T. Lian, H. Huang, and S. Subramaniam, “Elastic reliability optimization through peer-to-peer checkpointing in cloud computing,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 491–502, Feb. 2017.
- H. Hasegawa, S. Subramaniam, and K. i. Sato, “Node architecture and design of flexible waveband routing optical networks,” IEEE/OSA Journal of Optical Communications and Networking, vol. 8, no. 10, pp. 734–744, Oct. 2016.
- F. Ahdi and S. Subramaniam, “Capacity enhancement of RF wireless mesh networks through FSO links,” IEEE/OSA Journal of Optical Communications and Networking, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 495–506, July 2016.
- J. Tapolcai, L. Ronyai, E. Hosszu, L. Gyimothi, P.-H. Ho, and S. Subramaniam, “Signaling free localization of node failures in all-optical networks,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 64, no. 6, pp. 2527–2538, June 2016.
- X.Wang, M. Brandt-Pearce, and S. Subramaniam, “Impact of wavelength and modulation impact of wavelength and modulation conversion on translucent elastic optical networks using MILP,” IEEE/OSA Journal of Optical Communications and Networks, vol. 7, no. 7, pp. 644–655, July 2015.
- J. Zhao, S. Subramaniam, and M. Brandt-Pearce, “Efficient and accurate analytical performance models for translucent optical networks,” IEEE/OSA Journal of Optical Communications and Networks, vol. 6, no. 12, pp. 1128 – 1142, Dec. 2014.
- Fellow of IEEE
- IEEE ComSoc Distinguished Lecturer, 2018 and 2019
- SEAS Distinguished Researcher Award
- Associate Editor, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking and IEEE/OSA Journal of Optical Communications and Networks
- Chair, IEEE ComSoc Optical Networking Technical Committee, 2012 and 2013